wtorek, 31 stycznia 2023

Surprise march through Dixiland!

 It took my absolutely by surprise but some part of this year will be devoted to a new ACW project. I aim for western theater of Tennessee and its bordering states but as I was enamored by the new Warlord Games miniatures Epic scale it will be made at 13 mm scale so quite theater agnostic. As starter box (great value and everything I would want really - was mail order only item I started with Brigade box and painted it as 3 Union regiments and one confederate (soon to be finished).

They paint nicely and you can put any number of details you want, they will look good simple painted, quasi detailed like mine or hyper detailed, but I believe that this level is maximum you could ever see at the table distance.

Blue looks kinda grayish in photos due to lightning but is more dark bluey in life.

Enough words, lets Yankee doodle play slowly in the background.

So here is my first brigade.

First Regiment and Brygadier general leading my brigade. Command strip is converted with spare Brigadier miniatures as I am building regiments as 3 base regiments instead of 5 base of the game suggestion - to spare table space and more importantly to keep my sanity and will for more regiment- and sadly command stripes are one in 10 basic infantry stripes - So you are ending with some spare bases that need standard bearer (or two for Union) and officer to form new regiments.

This is standard 3 base regiment.


I tried to incorporate the road for the third one bases but while great in line formation it looks strange while in line

Finały artillery battery


3 regiments looks very impressive when the brigade is formed!



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...